Cluster context rules
- Single cluster systems always use
that cluster and do not require the use of cluster prefixes.
- Variable Tags referenced in an
Alarms, Reports or Trends Server context are implicitly resolved to
that cluster unless explicitly stated otherwise using a cluster
prefix such as ClusterName.TagName.
- Cicode called in an Alarms,
Reports or Trends Server context runs with the server's cluster
context as default.
- Server to Server connections (for
example, SPC Alarms) are within the cluster by default.
- Client pages can have a cluster
context associated with them.
- Client pages can be configured
with a cluster context or inherit the cluster from the previous (or
- Client pages can have the
configured cluster context overridden dynamically at runtime.
- Client pages have no default
cluster and do not inherit context in multi-cluster systems by
- The TaskNew Cicode function
inherits the caller's (either page or task) cluster context unless