The first time you connect, you must enter the address of your WebAccess Project in the Address bar of your Web Browser. Later, you can add this address to your "Favorites". The address can take several forms:
· URL is the Universal Resource Locator, for example http://www.yahoo.com. If your company has assigned a URL to your WebAccess Project, enter this in the Address Bar of Internet Explorer. URL also can have similar forms, for example the WebAccess Live Demo project node can be reached at http://demo.broadwin.com/
· IP Address, Internet Protocol Address. The IP address is a series of 4 numbers separated by periods (e.g. http://220.127.116.11/).
· Computer Name - If you are on an Intranet, you can enter the computer name of the WebAccess Project Node (for example "Server1"). This can be either a TCP/IP "host name" or the Microsoft Network name.
· Host name – This is like a computer name, but uses a name installed in the HOSTS file of the Client PC. The HOSTS file redefines the IP address and allows different users to use different IP Addresses to access the same SCADA and Project Nodes. This might be required if some users on an Intranet (using private IP address) and others are on the Internet (using Public IP Address) and the router or firewall does allow private users to use the Public IP address to connect to the SCADA node. The localhost name is an example of a HOST name.
Local PC - If you are on a PC that has the Project Node
software installed and a network card, you can use the default
localhost address or url:
· No Network - If you are on a standalone PC without a network card, you must use the computer name: (for example "http://mycomputername").