1. On the Project Node's taskbar, click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type NotePad
3. Copy and Paste or type the following text into Note Pad.
HTML is Working!
4. Select Save AS and then browse to drive:\Inetpub\wwwroot (e.g. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot) or wherever you web browser root folder is located.
5. For a File name, enter Test1.txt .
6. Press the SAVE key.
7. Open Internet Explorer on the Project Node
8. Enter http://localhost/test1.txt
9. You should see "HTML is Working!".
If the error "file not found" occurs, then IIS may be using another directory of its root. Try:
Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->Internet Information Services
Expand the Tree
Right click on "Default Web Site"
Select "Home Directory Tab". This should list the path of the directory used by IIS. Try copying the verfiy.asp to this location and repeat the test.
Also verify the following on the Home Directory Tab:
- A directory
located on this computer
- Execute Permissions (at least "Scripts Only" )
- Application Protection: Medium Pooled
IF HTML does not work, there are only two other options:
1) Try reinstalling IIS and the Service Pack.
2) Re-install Windows.