If you cannot connect to the Project Manager or cannot see anything other than the Welcome Page, then it is possible ASP (Active Server Pages) is not working on the Project Node.
1. Open Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0 on the Project Node.
2. Enter http://localhost/localstart.asp.
"Getting Started with Internet Information Services" should open in a web browser window.
IIS Help uses ASP. If it is working then ASP is working.
It is possible that someone took some short-cuts installing IIS and did not install the Help Files for IIS (not a good sign). So go to the next step 188.8.131.52 Create a test ASP page if IIS help did not open.
1. On the Project Node's taskbar, click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type NotePad
3. Copy and Paste the following text into Note Pad.
<%@ Language="VBScript" %>
<% Option Explicit %>
<!-- This page should display "ASP is working!" -->
<TITLE>ASP Test Page</TITLE>
<% Dim TestString %>
<% TestString = "ASP is Working!" %>
<% Response.Write TestString %>
4. Select Save AS and then browse to drive:\Inetpub\wwwroot (e.g. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot) or wherever you web browser root folder is located.
5. For a File name, enter Verify.asp (remember the .ASP extension) and select "All Files" from the pull down list.
6. Press the SAVE key.
7. Open Internet Explorer on the Project Node
8. Enter http://localhost/verify.asp
9. You should see "ASP is Working!".
If the error "file not found" occurs, then IIS may be using another directory of its root. Try:
Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->Internet Information Services
Expand the Tree
Right click on "Default Web Site"
Select "Home Directory Tab". This should list the path of the directory used by IIS. Try copying the verfiy.asp to this location and repeat the test.
Also verify the following on the Home Directory Tab:
- A directory
located on this computer
- Execute Permissions (atleast "Scripts Only" )
- Application Protection: Medium Pooled
IF ASP does not work, there are only two other options:
1) Try reinstalling IIS and the Service Pack.
2) Re-install Windows.