Because of the fact, that all started programs
of all instances run on one PC (the server), the following problems
- The server has to have sufficient computing
power for all started programs.
- The server has to have sufficient RAM for
all started programs.
- All interfaces have to be shared, e.g.
network adapters, COM ports, parallel ports.
- The network load gets accordingly high, as
the data of the programs as well as the graphical data for the
clients have to be sent via the network.
- All started programs use the same file
system and the same files. For Word e.g. this means, that the
templates e.g. normal.dot are being written to by all started Word
instances at the same time.